All Android Smart Phones comes with built-in launchers and similarly Amazon Fire TV also has wonderful home replacement application called FireStarter APK. Unfortunately, this application is blacklisted by Amazon. However, you are not required to get panic as there are alternative options available to download the Home Replacement App with auto launching capabilities. It works just similar to that of Android Launchers and supports almost all popular apps. It is the best organizer and lets you access all the Fire TV Apps on your PC and Android devices. It also is used to install and update the SPMC and KODI app. Below you will come across with step by step guide on downloading the latest version of FireStarter APK.
Step by Step Tutorial for Downloading and Installing FireStarter APK:
Below is the step by step guide on how to side-load the FireStarter APK files on fist, second and third generation of Fire TV and Fire TV Stick using the Android Debugging Bridge on Windows PC! However, you need to download the FireStarter APK from a third party source it is not officially available for download at Play Store.
Step One – Download the FireStarter APK File:
Launch the browser and visit the reliable third party source online and download the FireStarter APK file on your Windows PC. Since it is not officially available in Play Store, you need to download it from third party sources online
Step Two – Connecting Fire TV:
Now you need to connect to the Fire TV on your PC using the ADB utility. If the ADB is not pre-installed, then you need to get it as without the ABD downloading won’t be possible.
Step Three – Installation:
Now you need to enter the command adb install <path-to-apk-file> ensure to replace it with <path-to-apk-file> with the full pathway of the FireStarter APK if you want to have side-load. You can also drag the APK into the Command Prompt window and fill the file’s path automatically.
Step Four – Click On Success:
Once it is done, you will see a window with the option of Success. It may take several minutes as the file size is quite bigger. After successful installation you need to launch the side-loaded application by navigating to the Settings>>Applications>>Manage Installed Applications. If you want to the additional apps side-load, then follow the step three again with additional APK files. Once you are done disconnect the Fire TV with the ADB connection by running the common adb disconnect <IP-ADDRESS>
Steps to Install FireStarter in Fire TV without Computer
Firstly you need to go to the Settings of your Fire TV
Now navigate to the system options of your Fire TV and select the Developer Options from the list
Here you Need to Enable the ADB Debugging Option:
- Go back and Enable the Unknown Sources option without which you can’t accept downloading of the FireStarter APK on your device from third-party sources
- Go back to “Settings” and click on System>>About>>Network and pen down the IP address.
- Launch the Play Store and search for the Apps2Fire and install it successfully on your device
- You can download the FireStarter APK on your device from the third party sites online
- Launch the Apps2Fire app and paste the copied IP Address of Fire TV right on the setup tab. Now back to the Local Apps and choose the FireStarter from list of the apps
- The Apps2Fire App will send the FireStarter APK automatically over to the Fire TV
- Go back to Settings and you will find it in the Application>>Managed Installed
The Highlights of FireStarter APK:
- It lets you start KODI on double click and also start FireStarter on single click
- It also detects the home button clicks
- It allows auto-update mechanism
- It allows you to install apps list which includes ADB Installed Apps and Side-loaded
- It lets you import and experts the settings
- You can hide the apps from the app drawer
- It works on non-rooted devices as well
- It offers you robust configurable actions just for the startup by home button double clicks and home button single clicks
- It lets you update the SPMC directly out of FireStarter APK
This was the tutorial on how to download FireStarter Apk, If you have any issue then don’t hesitate to contact us or Comment below.